Generally speaking, planned gifts represent gift options that can be designed to meet your personal philanthropic and financial goals. Some planned gifts, such as a gift in your will, require no current outlay of funds at all. And other planned gifts, including the charitable gift annuity, make it possible to support our work, enjoy a tax deduction if you itemize, and receive a lifetime income at the same time.
In this unpredictable and challenging economic climate, a planned gift can be a rewarding way to make a difference in others’ lives. Please contact us if we can provide more information or help you in any way.
P.S. We invite attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, and other professional advisors to click the “Professional Advisors” link to use our Planned Giving Answers Online program. It provides more detailed information about planned giving concepts and techniques.
Making a Difference
The Opportunity to Choose How You Make an Impact
There are many ways to make an impact in others’ lives. One of the most important is through charitable giving to organizations like ours. Making a gift is truly an extraordinary opportunity, because when you give to support our work, your contribution leverages the resources and expertise we have to make a profound difference for a mission you care about.
In some ways, a gift is a reflection of what is important to you. Consequently, it is only natural to consider how to make the most of your gift. Every gift is a personal investment, and we welcome the opportunity to help you explore options that are the right fit for you.
When planning a gift, consider the following best practices:
- Define what you want to achieve or support.
- Communicate well with advisors, family members, and our organization.
- Know your comfort level regarding the amount and timing of your gift.
- Consider how giving fits into your personal planning. This includes knowing how different gift options might work for you.
- Maximize the personal benefits of giving by understanding the tax consequences and thoughtfully choosing what you give (for example, cash vs. appreciated stock or real estate).
Please contact us if you have questions or want more information. It would be our privilege to be a part of helping you reach charitable goals in ways that are meaningful and beneficial to you. Thank you for your generosity.