Generally speaking, planned gifts represent gift options that can be designed to meet your personal philanthropic and financial goals. Some planned gifts, such as a gift in your will, require no current outlay of funds at all. And other planned gifts, including the charitable gift annuity, make it possible to support our work, enjoy a tax deduction if you itemize, and receive a lifetime income at the same time.
In this unpredictable and challenging economic climate, a planned gift can be a rewarding way to make a difference in others’ lives. Please contact us if we can provide more information or help you in any way.
P.S. We invite attorneys, CPAs, financial planners, and other professional advisors to click the “Professional Advisors” link to use our Planned Giving Answers Online program. It provides more detailed information about planned giving concepts and techniques.
When considering philanthropic goals, it is important to make informed choices that take full advantage of available opportunities. Fortunately, there are many good options to choose from when supporting our work. We are here to help you identify the gift options that are the best fit for you, whether your focus is:
• Year-end giving
• A long-term strategy for shaping your personal legacy, or
• A gift that produces income
No matter your goal, there are giving options that can help you and help us. If your goal is:
• Making a difference today, the easiest option is to send a check and support the programs of your choice. Or, consider a gift of appreciated stock or real estate that avoids capital gains tax and provides a charitable income tax deduction.
• Creating an income stream, consider a charitable gift annuity that supports our mission and provides lifetime income for you and/or others.
• Planning a gift today that will be completed in the future, remember us in your will or trust.
The generosity of our friends and supporters plays a vital role in our work. Thank you for your thoughtfulness, and please contact us if we can help you examine the gift options that best meet your personal planning goals.